What with all the craziness of life recently–starting grad school, vacation to NYC, etc.–I have yet to get around to this wonderful piece of news: Revival Girl (aka Angela) from the blog A Grand Revival nominated my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award!
A Grand Revival is well worth checking out, as Angela renovates her home on a budget. She is stylish and classy both, and I LOVE the fact that she used the movie Amelie for her wedding inspiration. Thank you so much for the nom!
To accept the nomination, I must:
*Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in this post. DONE!
*Share seven possibly unknown things about myself.
*Nominate fifteen bloggers whom I admire.
*Contact and link back to these bloggers.
I love this idea, so with no further ado…SEVEN SECRETS…SORT OF.
1. This may be the first post that I’ve mentioned it in any detail, but I just started my Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing this summer. One of the main aspects of this program is writing a full-length novel. Currently I am working on the plot–here’s some teasers as to what this novel will involve:
Paris in the 1920′s and The Lost Generation.
The surrealist photography of Man Ray.
Should be interesting.
2. I’m obsessed with the British television show Green Wing. I have watched it on Netflix more times than I care to count. And I ‘ship Mac and Caroline HARD.
I have mentioned this before. What I have not mentioned is that it is beyond frustrating that I keep talking about it AND NOBODY WILL WATCH IT! I AM ALONE. ALOOOONNNNNE.
It is one of the funniest shows ever. EVER.
3. In high school, I wanted to be a professional singer. Opera or lounge, not pop.
4. I can’t dance. I’m quite good at swaying to music, but dancing–especially with a partner–is likely to be a failure. I can’t let someone else lead.
5. I’m a vegetarian. But I don’t make a big deal out of it to others–everybody gets to make their own choices. I don’t know how to cook meat, and the smell of bacon makes me nauseous.
6. I think the sexiest clothes are not necessarily the most revealing or overtly sexual. Except for fishnet stockings and garters. They’re trashy and sexy.
7. When I try to garden, things die. My mother is a fantastic gardener, but I can’t even keep a potted plant for more than a month. My mom keeps trying, because I love looking at gardens, but I cannot seem to get that bit of magic right.
And now, the blogs I would like to nominate:
1. The Lipstick Gal
2. The Tiger’s Eye
4. Sadie & Daisie
6. Let’s Leave It Up To Fate
7. I Want Your…Blog
8. Tattoos and Running Shoes
9. The Kitchenette
10. Outrunning Autism
11. People Places and Bling
12. Scandinavian Vintage
13. That’s Normal (Blog still in development, link is to Tumblr)
14. Anonymous Hedonist
15. Over My Styled Body
Fantastic blogs, all!
And I’m still in the process of discovering new blogs and people to follow, so if you have any suggestions to round out my list, I’d appreciate it!